You can transfer data or internet bundles from an MTN number to another MTN number. The main motive behind this guide is to enlighten every reader of ours on how to get this done.
You might have lots of data bundles and would love to share it on another sim of yours. Transferring data is simple, easy and can be done in two different ways. We will be listing all the procedures to make this happen.
You can do all this when you are registered or subscribed to Me2U or the data share procedure. Just like it sounds, “Me2u or Data share” this purposely to help subscribers send credit or airtime and data bundles from one MTN number to another.
We already have a full article on the MTN Me2u. Also, we have an article on how to use the MTN Me2u to transfer credit or airtime from one MTN sim to another.
We will focus on our main topic, how to use the MTN Me2U (Data share) option. You will have to subscribe to the service first. The problem now is the USSD code is not really active.
So, the best option we will recommend for our readers is by transferring data by;
- Buying data for friend using airtime or MTN Momo.
- MTN official mobile app
How to Transfer Data From MTN to MTN Using Airtime
- Dial *138# and send
- Select the type of bundle you are willing to purchase (e.g., Non-expiry data, social media, kokrokoo etc…)
- Select “buy for others”
- Enter the receiver’s phone number
- Enter the preferred amount you are willing to transfer
- Follow prompts to confirm purchase (Transfer)
Once you complete all the procedures successfully, the preferred data amount will be transferred to the phone number you entered as the recipient.
How Transfer Data From MTN TO MTN Using MTN Mobile Money
- Dial *170# and Send
- Select Option 3 (Buy Airtime & Bundles)
- Select Option 2 (Bundles)
- Proceed to select the type of data bundle you are willing to purchase or transfer for the recipient.
- Select “For Others”
- Enter the recipient’s phone number
- Enter the preferred amount you are willing to transfer (purchase)
- Continue by making necessary payment with your MTN Momo balance.
Once you are done with all the procedures successfully, the preferred data amount will be transferred to the phone number you entered as the recipient.
How Transfer Data From MTN TO MTN Using MTN APP
Here, you will first have to download the MTN App and then register with your MTN GH phone number.
- Launch or open your MTN app
- Select Buy and Send (lower-left corner of your screen)
- Select Data
- Select Preferred amount of data you are willing to transfer or purchase
- Uncheck the option selected and enter the recipient phone number below.
- Follow prompts to purchase or transfer with either Airtime or MTN momo
To conclude, above are the working procedures that one can execute when wanting to transfer a data bundle from MTN to another MTN line.
We didn’t elaborate much on the Me2U data sharing service because the USSD code is not working apparently as it was. This is the best, easy and working procedure we think our readers should use.
You can drop your question if you have any. We will do our best to reply within 24 hours.