There are a lot’s ways you can buy bitcoin in Ghana (Africa), but the only way to buy bitcoin with mobile money either (MTN, Vodafone, Tigo) etc. is by using Paxful. Paxful is a peer to peer platform for trading all types of digital currencies and gift cards. Paxful has over 4Million + users worldwide.
On Paxful you can buy and sell digital currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and many others with money or gift cards.
In this guide, we are going to enlighten you with all the lowdown you need to know about buying bitcoin safely here in Ghana with mobile money and other mediums like Momo as a bonus.
There are lots of websites that invite individuals to trade with them but then later scam them by stealing their hard-earned money. You have might have seen some advertise on Instagram and Facebook etc.
Paxful is the safest platform I will recommend for everyone who is willing to buy bitcoin with mobile money been it MTN mobile money, Vodafone cash, Tigo cash etc. I myself personally buy bitcoin and gift cards on Paxful.
This guide is based on experience and some little researches made.
What You Need To Know About Paxful Wallet
After creating your Paxful account you will be given a bitcoin address that you can receive bitcoin through it. All you need is to give it to the sender and you will receive bitcoin right away once sending is complete.
But then using Paxful, I suggest you also have a bitcoin wallet that you will use to save you bitcoin after you buy them on Paxful. There are lot’s of bitcoin wallets out there but I will recommend two (2) of them I have personally used and read about. Thus;
All of the recommended bitcoin wallets have been around for about 8+years and I can say they are 90% reliable.
Stuff You Need In other To Be Able To Trade On Paxful.
To buy and even sell on Paxful you will need some petty stuff to get going. Let’s get into them;
- Valid Email Address
- Valid Phone Number, remember virtual phone numbers are not allowed.
- Address (Optional for verification purposes)
- Valid National identification (Optional for verification purposes)
Now Let’s Get To The Procedure To Buy Bitcoin With MTN Mobile Money In Ghana.
1. Hop on Paxful Official Website
2. Click on signup or login to create your account or log into your account
3. Click on Buy Bitcoin Option
4. Select your mode of payment. (MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash, Tigo Cash etc)
5. Different offers from different vendors will drop down, select the preferred vendor you find his/her offer interesting and get into a trade with him/her.
6. Click on the offer, and start a chat with the vendor.
7. After the vendor gives you the info to make payment to (Momo details)
8. Make payment and then wait for him or her to release your bitcoin.
Just simple as ABC….. Don’t worry about being scammed because Paxful has an escrow system that is going to lock the bitcoin from the vendor and even if you feel cheated on you can form a dispute against this vendor and the bitcoin will be awarded to you if you are the right one by the Paxful support team.
But then we can not assure you that the site is 100% safe. They are bad people on there but once you are careful and smart you won’t fall into any of their traps. Remember information found on the internet can not be trusted 100% that’s why every website has a disclaimer.
Trading on Paxful you have to follow the below tips or I will say rules in other to get away from these bad people when buying or selling.
Things To Know When Trading On Paxful (Do’s & Don’t)
1. Firstly, don’t trust wholeheartedly. Just like I first said earlier be cautioned anytime you want to get into a trade with anybody on the internet no matter the person past trades or whatever.
2. Do not send money if the vendor has not instructed you to send it. Also, ask the vendor to confirm the sent information forwarded to you before you go on to make payment.
3. Always make sure you notice that the particular bitcoin has been released by the seller or vendor into your account before you cancel the trade and then try your best to leave feedback.
4. Remember to leave feedback on almost every trade you get involved in. That will help you also get some feedback from other people. It is will help make your profile look legit and welcoming for business in the future.
5. Form a dispute anytime you want to, don’t hesitate to do that because Paxful’s support team is always there to serve their customers and users. Anytime you feel cheated on or involved in a trade you want to get out of, you just cancel the trade or form a dispute and wait for a Paxful team member to separate this dispute.
6. Do not trade outside with anybody you meet on Paxful. Anybody that insist you do that with him or her is a fraudster simple! I myself have encountered lot’s of people like that so be careful none of them is real.
Trade with people willing to follow simple rules on the site and have your peace.
7. Always do your best to check the past trade of any vendor you intend to get into a trade with. Do not get into a trade with a vendor that has less than 50 trades. And also a vendor that has below 50 trades and all is marked successful and no feedback is given or all his or her trade is between 2-5 accounts.
8. It is safe to get into a trade with vendors that have their profiles are verified. But mostly with these people to get into a trade with them, you also have to verify your profile or identity.
By doing this you are assured to get into a trade with legit people only. Why I’m I saying this? This is because if he or she is not business-minded or legit they won’t verify their account.
9. To verify your account, what you need is any national identity document, and then you will also do face verification to verify the provided document belongs to you. Once you verify your account you will be allowed to get into unlimited trades and trade with every Paxful member on Paxful both verified and not verified if you want to.
To conclude, this is all you will need to know when wanting to buy bitcoin with mobile money either MTN, Vodafone, Tigo cash etc. in Ghana (Africa).
It’s not a bad idea, but then you have to be a bit vigilant and smart because there are lots of bitcoin scams online these days because of the worth of bitcoin now.
DISCLAIMER: We are not giving 100% assurance that this procedure is going to work for everybody. We won’t be responsible in case of any financial loss. Also, the info on this page is not from a certified financial backer