How To Borrow Airtime/Credit on MTN (MTN Xtra Time) 2021-2022. This service is popularly known as the MTN Xtra time.
This is the service that allows MTN users to borrow airtime or credit for calls only…..
This service is available for all MTN users that are above 3 months old on their network. Not only that, to be qualified to borrow airtime or credit on MTN, you need to be recharging at least GHc3.00 in every month of that 3 months.
This is not a strict requirement. The interest added too is somehow low but high sometimes when you borrow big amounts like GHs5.00 – Ghs20.00. We will add the interest rate below so you can glance through it as well.
There are lot’s of cons about this, some are, in other to borrow a higher amount of airtime or credit on MTN, you need to be recharging continuously…
So your recharging level will determine the amount you can borrow. (We will add the cons below so you can glance through as well)
Just like increasing your credit score to borrow from your bank… Simple as that!
Short Code To Borrow Airtime or Credit On MTN
Simply Dial *506#
How/Steps To Borrow Airtime On MTN (Xtra time) 2021-2022
Follow the below steps to borrow airtime or credit on MTN for calls only.
1. Dial *506#
2. Select The Amount You are willing to Borrow
3. Confirm the Amount you are Willing to Borrow once again.
After completing the above three steps you are done! you will receive a message that will let you know the amount you borrowed and the interest on it as well.
Interest Rate On Airtime/Credit Borrowed On MTN
Below are the interest on airtime borrowed from 0.5p to Ghs5.00;
1. Ghs0.50p- 0.05p
2. Ghs1.00- 0.10p
3. Ghs2.00- 0.20p
4. Ghs3.00- 0.30p
5. Ghs4.00- 0.40p
6. Ghs5.00- 0.50p
Pros About The MTN Xtra Time Airtime
1. It can be used to call all networks… (Vodafone, Airteltigo, Glo etc…)
2. It’s instantly…
3. You can borrow even if you are not willing or ready to make a call.
4. You can borrow as high as GHs20.00 which is very good as compared to other networks.
Cons About The MTN Xtra time Airtime.
1. This Airtime is for voice calls purposely
2. You can not use this borrowed Airtime to Purchase a data bundle (Read on How to borrow data on MTN)
3. The interest rate is a bit high
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Shortcode to Borrow Airtime On MTN?
Ans: Dial *506#
2. How Much Can I Borrow on MTN?
Ans: It depends on how you recharge often. The higher amount of airtime you buy, the higher you increase your chances of borrowing a high amount too…
3. Can I Buy Data Bundles With My Borrowed Airtime From MTN?
Ans: The answer is N0! Airtime or credit borrowed on MTN is only for voice calls (Read on how to borrow data bundles on MTN)
4. Can I Call Other Networks With My Borrowed MTN Airtime?
Ans: Yes! you can call all networks (Vodafone, Glo,. Airteltigo etc…)
5. How Do I Repay Borrow Airtime?
Ans: The particular amount of Airtime and its interest is deducted automatically from your account as soon as you recharge.
We believed we’ve provided all the information you need to know about borrowing airtime/credit on MTN in 2021-2022.
We started with the shortcode to borrow airtime, the steps to borrow airtime, the interest rates on airtime borrowed on MTN, the pros and cons about MTN Xtra time and ended with some frequently questions may people ask…
You can share this guide on all social media platforms if you are willing to…..